Monday, August 4, 2008

Baby

Before anybody thinks I'm pregnant, I'm not! But I'm definitely an Auntie. However, this Auntie is worried about her nephew. This baby was born much too early for my liking. In fact, he was born at 32 weeks, about 7.5 weeks too early. My poor sister in law just got up on the weekend and started to bleed and had blood clots. The first hospital was absolutely retarded and told them to have something to eat and call them back later. Thank goodness my brother in law was smart enough to realize that this wasn't right and went to a different hospital. Emergency c-section and the baby's cord was wrapped around his neck.

Long story short, I have no idea what the prognosis of the little guy is. He doesn't have a name yet, that's why I keep saying little guy. But he seems like a fighter. I saw him today and besides being small, everything seemed ok. He's breathing on his own and seems to be doing what normal babies do. I just hope there's no neurological damage.

And sometimes, you can not doubt that the universe/god/greater being (whatever you believe in) is watching over us. This weekend, the whole family and some other families were supposed to go camping up at Alice Lake. This included the brother and sister in law that just had this happen to them. Can you imagine what would have happened to them if were camping up there with no access to the hospital? Thank goodness for the rockslide that prevented us from going up there....

No comments: