Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics

I am an Olympics addict. And yes, I watched the opening ceremonies. ALL of it. I thought the ceremonies were stunning!!! Truly amazing what people can do.

However, after the ceremonies, I turned to my husband and said:

"Oh my god. How in the world is Canada going to compete with THAT?!!" And at BC Place?!! That venue doesn't hold up to the venue of the Bird's Nest!"

My husband admitted that they've put the bar pretty high. PLEASE...I do not want RCMP out doing a horse ride out there. I don't want some reference to salmon. I definitely don't want some maple syrup reference. Really. I don't know what they're going to do. But I don't know how we're going to make it good compared to last night's performance....

Am I pessimist? Yes, today I am.

No comments: