Saturday, January 5, 2013

Freaky Guy

The other night, I was coming home from the gym.  It was a little later than I usually go.  But I was just happy that I went.  

As I was driving towards my house, I noticed someone standing by the pathway from my street to the outside street.  At first glance, I thought it was my husband.  About the same build and short hair and even body frame.  

But as I was getting closer, I noticed that it wasn't.  Didn't think much of it...maybe he was waiting for a friend or something.  But he started to approach my car and wanted to talk to me. 

I'm sorry, but the guy freaked the crap out of me.  I just waved him away and drove to the house. I was then worried that he would follow me into the garage.  Eeeek!  But I watched him and waited to come out of the car until the garage door was closed.  

I ran upstairs to look out the window to see if he had left.  He wasn't there...but I kept watching.  Sure enough he was back to the same spot.  He waited until another car showed up and that car stopped.  I opened the window to see if I could hear what they were saying.  Couldn't.  But afterward, the guy left.  

I have really mixed feelings about this.  He may have legitimately needed help and I waved him away because I was weirded out.   I'd feel terrible about this!  But seriously...it's dark, you're a guy, waiting on some cul de sac and waving down a woman to ask her something.   I don't know if you're holding a gun or something!  That's freaky!!!   Why wouldn't you wait at the bus stop (around the corner), ask for help when a bus stopped for you?  Or if you needed a phone or something, go to the gas station (again, right by my house) and ask to use the phone?  There are many options around my area to ask for help.  Not some quiet cul de sac.  

So, I hope he's ok and he doesn't come hunt me down.  Weird right? 

No comments: