Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Personalities

Sometimes, personalities just clash.  There's no rhyme or reason, but they just do.   And honestly, it just sucks.  It's just way more fun when all of us can get along.  

Every Wednesday, my kids have their activities.  At this one activity, this one instructor I have had encounters in the past.  She's very knowledgeable in her field but I also find that she can put people down because they don't know as much.  Or there is a sense of, "you don't volunteer and do as much as us" so I don't really count.   Or maybe I've done something and I've just totally offended her.  And really, sometimes I just feel like she thinks I'm trash.   

Ok, that's fine that she doesn't like me.  I'm cordial to her.  I say good evening to her everytime she opens the door and I'm there.   That's all I'm going to do.   Can't do much more.  

Can I say I like her?  I can't say she's on the top of my list.  I can respect the work she does with the kids.  I can respect her experience.  And I can respect that she is also a busy person with many things to do and I think she does them well.  

So we agree to just be "cordial."  There are days that I think that's even a stretch.  But I can't help it if someone doesn't like me.  And I can't help it if I don't feel strongly about them.  

It just is.  

No comments: