Sunday, January 13, 2013

Harrison

There is something to be said about awesome friends and people.  This weekend, I was up at Harrison celebrating the 40th birthday of two friends.  Granted, they are my friends through association, i.e. my hubby.  But his friends have become my friends.  And they have been very supportive of me and accepting of me.   We crashed at one of the girl's parents houses for this party because it is such a huge mansion.  They are some of the coolest parents I know and we totally partied with them.  

It was a "small" group considering how big this could have really got.  There was about 40 people there and it was an absolute blast.  40 people all there to celebrate two special people. After the surprise was out of the bag, then it was just time to party and socialize with everybody there.  We all made the rounds to catch up with whatever was happening in our lives.  

I think what was extra fun was that the majority of folks at this party have known each other for over 25 years.  I've known many of these for 14 years now.  So everybody just chilled.  So many laughs....

I wore my Save Your Drama for your Llama shirt as I knew everybody there would get it.  There is no drama between these people.  I love them because it's that easy with them.  And they all wanted one so that they could wear it in situations where there was stupid drama.  

Good friendships shouldn't be difficult or trying.  It just is.  There may be highs and lows with folks as life happens.  But if it's a great friendship, it'll survive anything.  

So I thank my husband to introducing me to some majorly skookum friends.  

No comments: