Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Party

I had a birthday party for my youngest this past weekend.  In some ways, I dread the party as it's so close to Christmas and New Year's.  It's hard for people to come to this party as they're recovering from all the festivities and getting back to regular life.  

But my friends are awesome and they always show up.  We chill, we eat, we laugh.  Always a good time.  

Every year, I try to do a different cake for the kids.  At this time, they still enjoy my cakes.  In a couple of years, they're going to want other types of kids that doesn't have mom's touch plastered all over it.  So I'll savour it.  

By no means am I a cake master.  I just have fun playing around.  My cakes are not "clean" in execution as there always seems to be rough edges, etc.  But it doesn't matter...I try and the kids still like it.  I didn't make the figurines.  Dang.  If I did, I'd call myself a master of cakes!  



Just like all the parties I have, always great company and a great time.  My kid had a lovely time nerf sword fighting with her buddies, running around like a mad kid, and playing plants versus zombies.  Goodness knows what else she was doing...but there were no tears.  

Thank you to my lovely friends who came out!  

No comments: