Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eyes

I went to the optometrist as I needed a new prescription to get some new contacts.  I broke mine (eeek!).  They're hard contacts and they were just smashed into pieces.  Did I want to spend hundreds of dollars today?  Not exactly.  But I'm thankful that the contact didn't break in my eyes!  

My optometrist has a lot of tests and machines she uses when doing my eye checks.  It does take a while, but I find them interesting.  If anything, she's thorough.  But at this one machine, I had to open my eyes wide.  "Open wider please"  Ummmm.  I'm opening them as wide as I can.  She made me try 4 times to open my eyes wider.  

She stopped and told me the bad news.  She was going to have to tape my eyes open.  What the...?!!!  Are my eyes THAT small that tape is needed to open my eyes?  

Sure enough, the tape kept my eyes wide enough so that the right pictures were taken.  Yeah, I was pretty special looking today at the optometrist's office.  

The good part is that there is nothing wrong with my eye per se.  Just a change in prescription.  

I'll never look at tape the same way again.  

No comments: