Tuesday, February 5, 2013

BookIt SUCKS

BookIt is an online travel company that truly just sucks.  I've never had a problem before with online companies, but this company is bad news.  Bait and switch tactics.  Non existent customer service.  Not honouring anything we've paid for.  And outright lies, lies, lies.  

The funniest part about all of this is that they just don't care.  Considering all the tweets, facebook messages, etc., they have yet to respond to me.  I find that amusing. 

BUT having said that, it also shows how crappy of a company they are.  So I may be one small consumer.  But my power as a consumer can be big.  I've taken to Twitter, Facebook, Complaints Board, Better Business Bureau.   BookIt has blocked my tweets on their feed because heaven forbid, they don't want anything negative on their feed.  But others searching BookIt will see all my complaints as a starter. One retweet from a company...and those followers can retweet, etc.  

Social media is a pretty amazing thing but it can be detrimental as that news can spread just as quickly.  My friends start passing the information on and so forth.  

And maybe the impact won't be "huge".  But the word is out there saying they suck.  And if I can prevent one person from booking with them, that's one less person having to deal with this crappy company and their lies.  

So BookIt...bite me.  


1 comment:

Wesley Smith said...

M'am, just because we don't honor our advertised prices, blame the hotel, offer you a poor 1-star hotel as a substitute, stall for time so prices go up, does NOT mean we suck. It means we're terrible.