Sunday, January 13, 2013

Work Party

I like going to my husband's work parties.  There is always something fun to do and the people that are there do seem genuinely nice.  I know some of them and they are always so sweet to add me to their conversations.  

This year, it was at a hall in town.  I was happy to go as the kids were being taken care of and I didn't have to cook dinner.   Beautifully decorated and great food.  Can I just say that the butter chicken was absolutely divine?  I don't think I ate much else as I kept having this.   Like unbelievably good.  Chai tea?  Probably the best I've ever tasted! 

One of the fun things that they do is to always incorporate activities for people to do at these events.  This year was dancing and a photo booth.  It was great as teams that worked together took their team photos.  Spouses took their pictures.  People went in just because.  Props?  Sure!  Why not.  I opted to do pictures with my hubby.  Four shots in total.  One was of us just smiling together, one of me kissing him on the cheek, one of him kissing me on the cheek and then one of us just doing the peace sign thing.  Cheesy?  Yep.  But I loved it.  

Dancing was pretty good except a lot of people left after dinner!  Oh well.  More floor for me to dance on.  Though bhangra dancing next to people who actually know how to do it and do it well is just embarassing for me.  But I just enjoy dancing so I didn't care too much.  

I'm glad they've never incorporated karaoke as I'm sure people would rather see me dance than hear me sing.  That's saying a lot.  

No comments: