Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sayings

I honestly cannot believe it's December.  I think when you have kids and they're finally in the school system, your life really does flash before you.  Blink...it's a year later.  

And sometimes, some days are harder than others.  There are days where running into a wall is just so much less painless than with all the frustrations and challenges of having kids and a family.  

But then, it takes one comment and everything is ok.  Just one. 

And this week, I got lots of comments that just make me happy.

"Mom, I'm working on a 'I Am' poem for school...and my first sentence is that 'I am an incredibly happy child."  

"Mom, I really, really, really, really love you."

"Momma, you know that when you get older that I'm going to take care of you right?"

"Momma...I missed you all day." 

"Mooommmmmm.  Extra hug and kiss!!!"

And maybe these aren't incredibly "deep" comments from kids, but they are an expression of how they feel.  Believe me when I say my kids don't sugarcoat things.  They say it like it is.  So I'm grateful and thankful that my kids love me because let's just say, I'm not always pleasant!  

So for all those moments/days where I feel like I'm hitting a low or having my first world problem kind of day, comments like those above just make it all ok.  

No comments: