Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chapters Event

I entered a contest last week (surprise, surprise) for a Chapters Members event. Basically, if you were a Chapters member...even if it's just their free Plums club, you could enter. So I did.

I was so thrilled that I won an invitation to this private event!  I love this store!!!  I felt bad though that I couldn't bring my hubby but he was on pager. Nothing I can do about that. So I brought my friend who happens to be a co-worker with me. Seemed like a great idea...get off work, grab something to eat, 2 friends hanging out, a night away from our kids and chilling. 

When we got to the store, there was a section cornered off for this event. The purpose of the event was for Chapters to showcase their newest products. There were munchies out that showcased their newest chocolates, cookies and brownies and other goodies.  Yep. I tried a bit of everything. 

We were early but we still decided to go into the cornered off section because we saw a whole bunch of people in there.    I didn't realize until we got in that media was there and they were finishing up a media event. Oops! But extra time for us to shop around. 

Once we started looking around at the people at the event, we noticed that Chef Rob Feenie was there. Score. There were also some authors. And then my girlfriend's jaw just dropped when she saw this person.  She asked me if it was Mijune. Yeah, I know...you're thinking who?!! She's a food blogger.   Obviously my friend follows her...a lot.  OMG.  Her eyes were as big as the dinner platters she has at home.  But then she suddenly got shy and was afraid to ask. 

 "What if it's not her?"
 "So, she tells you." 
"I don't know..." "When have you ever gotten shy...go ask!" 

And she did.   It ended up being the food blogger she follows. And though I haven't kept up with my food blogs, I joined in the conversation. This blogger wasn't pretentious at all. Completely sweet, passionate about food, I enjoyed listening to her adventures.  

I bought a present for someone's Christmas gift and got it signed by one of the authors that was there.  Bought a bunch of presents for other people.  And then also won a door prize!  

All in all, a fun night of shopping, meeting new people that I would never thought of meeting and crossing people off my Christmas list at my favourite store.  Love, love, love.  

No comments: