Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Tooth Fairy

My one kid has a "shark" tooth and it was wreaking havoc on all her other teeth. Basically, the shark tooth was a whole extra tooth. But it was sitting behind her front teeth, pushing them to the side where they shouldn't be...and leaving no room for the incisor that is coming out. The dentist recommended that the shark tooth be pulled and that's what happened today.

I had to take my car in for servicing so my husband went to the dentist with my daughter. I thought she'd be scared but she wasn't. Before she went in, we did walk her through the process and told her what to expect.

When she got to the dentist's office, she opted to go in all by herself. She didn't need dad there at all. Yay! When she got home, she was bleeding quite a bit, but that's to be expected with this type of surgery. I was really surprised at the tooth though! It was a whole 2 inches in length. Yowsers! You bet I took pictures!

So, while she was enjoying her soft foods tonight, she decided she'd write a letter to the Tooth Fairy. So sweet! I think I'm going to keep this one. Basically, it let the Tooth Fairy know that she's welcome to snacks again (last time, I left a small chocolate cheerios trail to let her know the fairy had some)...anything that was in the pantry. She also made sure the fairy knew that it was an interior incisor. Yeah. Clarity is a good thing. Tonight was a bigger expense for the Tooth Fairy, but it was a damn big tooth. I'm hoping that she'll hold on a little longer to believing in the Tooth Fairy...such innocence.

My husband was reading some article and how this one kid hypothesized that there was no Tooth Fairy. Dang. This kid was smart. Basically, he lost a tooth but didn't tell anybody. He stuck it under his pillow and sure enough, no tooth fairy came to visit. Boy, his parents were in trouble. My turn will be soon to have the kids mad at me, but until then, I will enjoy leaving small trails of food or doing the cup of coloured water for my kid letting her think it's the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: