Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tire

Last night I had to take my kids to an activity.  It was just an ugly night...total downpour.  I could barely see  where I was going.  And it wasn't helpful that the area wasn't well lit.

I made it there safely and also safely back home.  Phew!  Did all I had to do that night and waited for my husband to come home.  He had a late night...but when he walked in, he made a comment of eating and then changing my tire.  What?!  I wasn't going to change my tires to winter tires on a Wednesday night at 9:30pm.  That's just crazy!

He told me to go out in the garage to listen to my left rear tire.  I didn't have to walk far into the garage to hear the hissing coming out of the tire.  BAH.  Upon closer inspection, there was a huge nail that punctured the tire.

After having my rant...I was fine.  I was actually quite thankful that it happened the way it did.  It would have really sucked if I was on the road and this happened...I might not have made it home without pulling to the side of the road to change my tire.  I could do it, but really, I'd rather not.  And I could have been in an area that was dark and scary.  EEEK!

Did I want to spend money on fixing this?  Nope.  But it is what it is.  It's now fixed and I'm now $35 poorer.  

1 comment:

William Katt said...

To that, I tip my cap to that man... that hero.