Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Clubs

I had a chat with my kids tonight about their day.  My eldest mentioned that it wasn't that great of a day.  I asked her why and she said that she was kicked out of the Moshi club (weird creatures called Moshi monsters).

I think what threw me was when she said that she wanted to go back to the classroom early, but when the club heard that, they "banished" her from the club.  We talked about how she felt and of course she felt excluded.  But we also talked about options, we talked about choices, and we kind of worked it out about her next steps.

Exclusion is a funny thing because sometimes people exclude themselves rather than actually being excluded.  If you want to be included into something, then ask.   Case and point...I talked to the mother tonight to get some insight into the situation.  She basically said that the kids told her that she was welcome to come back whenever to the club.  And the mom is part of the everyday school activities...she knows what's going on.

So, my kid wasn't banished...just my kid banished herself for no reason.  Well, she's happy to hear that she's going back to the Moshi club tomorrow.

No comments: