Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hula Girl

I cannot believe how much I have laughed the last 2 days.  I'm all for a good prank and I'm the one being pranked...and I just think it's absolutely hilarious!!! 

People at work know I'm heading off to the island of palm trees soon.  It's going to be great and I'm really looking forward to it.   I just went about telling people who seemed interested. 

But yesterday, in the middle of the morning, I walk back to my desk and I see a dashboard hula doll on my desk.  There was a note attached to it.  


I thought it was my one friend at the office because she's been singing the song from Europe...The Final Countdown.  The note basically had they lyrics of this song.  When I confronted her, she had no clue.  And she seemed truly genuine about not knowing.  So I went on to other suspects...all denying that they did this.  
But then, my friend got me thinking about a prankster at the office.  She's sweet as can be and does not fit the mold of a prankster!  I had my eyes on her.  

Later that day, a co-worker came by and I wanted to show her the note on the hula doll...and the doll was GONE.  OMG.  Just vanished!  I was hysterical looking for this doll...sending out e-mails to my peeps with the topic of MY DOLL!!!  I never write in all caps as that's screaming.  But I was screaming.  I wanted to find this damn hula doll!  In my mind, I had a place ready for her in the house.  

That night, I was still guffawing from all of this that I must have swallowed a ton of air.  My stomach was so upset that I had to take some pepto bismol. 

So when I went to the office today, I didn't think much was going to happen.  But at 8:40am, when I returned to my desk...hula girl was waiting for me...again.  She had a new note on there which counted down the days before I left for Hawaii, pictures of Lilo from Lilo and Stitch and the Aloha oe song. 

Well.  I just about dropped a couple of bricks because I didn't think I'd see hula girl today.  And there she was.  But I thought I'd change up the game.  I took a picture of hula girl, printed it out and wrote a note on there declaring:

"Oh, I've been kidnapped!  I'm being taken back to my homeland!"  

Yes, I was going to do the travelling gnome thing where I'd take her everywhere with me to Hawaii and take pictures of her doing things.  I was going to come back with a damn photo album.  I was so stoked to take her that after I put up the kidnapping picture, I locked her up in my file cabinet.  Totally under lock and key. Every once in a while, I'd look into the file cabinet to make sure she was there.  And she was!  Phew!!!

So, fast forward to the end of the day when I'm ready to go home.   I walk back to my desk all confident that I got this person.  But imagine my face when I opened up my locked cabinet to find that the doll has vanished, AGAIN!!!  

I called my friend over and I could barely talk because I was crying from all the laughing.  OMG.  This person/group is SO good.   

I've got a new plan in mind tomorrow.  I have every intention to take hula with me to Hawaii.   Let's see if hula girl shows up again.  

No comments: