Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Eyes

I got my eyes checked not too long ago. Happy to know that my prescription hasn't changed much! Yeah! But I think I need to clean my contacts!

I went to the airport to pick up my dad from his latest trip. He was gone a month and finally was ok to come home. He went to go see his elementary school friends who still keep in touch with my dad. I love that my dad is going back to see his buddies. But when I went to go pick him up at the airport...I kept waving to the wrong people. Basically, I thought they were my dad. They had the same type of walk, similar hair cut and about the same amount of luggage. I also waved to this one person and I really felt like an idiot.

Yep...waved to a woman who had a pink baseball cap on and had a sweatshirt that when you wore a hood, it would make you look like a bear. Like that Hello Kitty series where that damn cat wears a "costume" for every animal she wants to be...only to forget she's still a cat. I was thankful that the hooded woman was not my dad. We'd have to chat about his line of clothing. But I finally found my dad. And my girls came with me so they ran up to him and hugged him...lots of kisses too.  No need to mention to my dad about my eyes...and to all the people I waved to.

No comments: