Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mindset

I truly believe that no matter how bad a situation is, if you're mindset is "good," there is nothing that you can't handle and there is nothing that you can't get through. Memories may be there but it doesn't prevent you from living.

I say this because I've been out in the "working world" long enough to know that no matter what office you go to, you always end up meeting the same personalities. And there are just some that continue lamenting the past, or they hold grudges over the smallest things, they feel that they are never heard, never patted on the back and on and on and on.

After a while, it just gets tedious. I get it. People complain at work. I do and I won't lie about it. But after a while, do something about it and move on. Or understand that by not choosing you really are choosing the option of having everything stay the same. That's fine...your choice. But office politics and office life is so small compared to what's out there. Really, there is more to life than just work.

Why I am saying all of this? Well, I'm taking time off of work on Friday so I can attend a funeral. Not of a person who has had the opportunity to live their life to the fullest or a person who has had years to enjoy and be on this earth. No. Instead, I'm going to a funeral for a little baby who was taken away from this earth much too soon. The parents are going through hell. And yet in the midst of this incredible pain, they have the courage to wake up in the morning, face the world, and truly understand what things need to be let go of, what they really need to worry about and what isn't worth worrying about. They can even smile. Their mindset is one of "this is beyond any pain I've ever felt and I don't know if I can make it...but I will." These people get what life is about. I know they're mindset is good and they'll be fine. Lot of yuckiness in between, but they'll be fine.

So pettiness, politics and plain craziness at the office...I don't even care too much anymore. Yes, I'll have my blow up moments and get my angry eyes. But at the end of the day, I go home to my life and everybody goes home to theirs. Really, we're there to work, that's about it. I want to go home and enjoy life and all that it has to offer. And yes, I'll get my crap cards and have to deal with that stuff, but that's fine. I've been through my share of bad things and I think I came out ok. My mindset is that no matter how bad it is, I can deal with it. That's my mindset.

No comments: