Friday, March 11, 2011

Visit

Today was a day that my husband and I made our way back to the BC Cancer Agency again. Never fun...especially when you get bad news. We weren't quite sure what to expect this time around. But I never mind the waiting room. Hearing people talk openly about their disease with such dignity and honesty is truly humbling. The bravery that people have while in there and the bravery that families show in supporting their loved ones is truly incredible. I always feel blessed to have these people in my presence.

My husband had his iPad with him so that he had something to do while waiting. But he brought it because he wanted to be ready with all his scanned images, ready to discuss his case with his oncologist. In the end, nothing more to do at this point. What's done has been completed and we can only wait and see. Best option and news we could have gotten today.

And though it was "happy" news, it was nothing like the news of the tsunami that rocked Japan today. The devestation, loss of life and panic.... The images are really unbelievable and really did seem like it was from some "end of the world" type of action film. My heart goes out to those that have lost their lives in an instant, to family members that grieve, to a country that must rebuild itself once again.

Life is extremely short and fragile....

No comments: