Friday, March 4, 2011

Training Downtown

I used to work Downtown and it was fun! But my office got moved and I'm at a different location and have been for years.

But this week, I got to head Downtown for 2 days of training. I was excited because I was getting a chance to get out of the office! And it was nice to do something different for work.

But I think the real fun this week was what I did when I wasn't training. I got Downtown well before training started as I wanted to beat the traffic rush. But getting there early meant I got to enjoy a cup of coffee and read the paper. I know that seems so lame to people, but that is a luxury for me and a real treat.

I also got to shop during my breaks! Oh, how I miss that. I went to my favourite stores, looked for shoes, checked out the bookstore, and just wandered. If I worked Downtown everyday, it's just mundane and I probably wouldn't even leave the office.

And last but not least, it was just so neat to see how the city has changed. Seeing all the Olympic legacies (some of the art work and furniture from the Olympic venues were even at the training site), different art work out on the streets, different stores and the building of new things such as the Stadium.

For those that work or go Downtown often, I know it's so mundane for them. But I really enjoyed my 2 days Downtown. What a treat.

2 comments:

g said...

so today i woke up, and then i brushed my teeth. after, i left the house and grabbed a bite to eat. next, i flipped through the channels on the tv.

Peachy said...

G-man...sounds like a lovely day. And if you're mocking me...you're just going to have to show a little more attitude. =)