Saturday, July 3, 2010

Long Weekend

Canada Day was on a Thursday this week. I thought I'd take the 2nd off and then I'd also have the weekend too. Four straight days off. Sweetness.

On this Saturday, the family and I ventured down to the aquarium. That's such a neat place and my kids never get bored of it. The octopus finally came out today for the girls to see. Of course, my youngest was totally freaked out about the suckers. Don't blame her. We went to go see the belugas. And I don't think it really clicked in with my kids that the youngest whale recently died. They talked about it while we were there, but they weren't sad or anything. But we saw everything we wanted to see which was great.

We then headed off to lunch at one of my favourite sushi restaurants. The kids liked it too. Though, they seemed to enjoy the mints at the end way more!

Then we headed up main street for some shopping and bubble tea. Even went to Solly's for some awesome cinammon buns for home.

It was such a neat and free day for the family. Just loved it!

No comments: