Saturday, July 3, 2010

Equipment

I work close to an area of medical clinics and places that sell medical equipment. Once you hit the border of Broadway and Cambie all the way to about Willow, it's ALL about the clniics and medical equipment.

I went by recently and I was window shopping. Not much to shop for when it's all equipment. Though I did see a billboard for the new Michael's that will be coming around. SWEET.

Anyway, there are pieces of equipment that I hope that I have never have to use. From wheelchairs, to respironics oxygen concentrators, to those crazy toilet seats. BLEAH.

But obviously there is a market for all of this stuff. I do remember even having to go in while I was pregnant. I had carpal tunnel like symptoms due to the swelling of my body and I bought some wrist braces. Cost me a fortune, but these medical equipment places only sell the good stuff and they worked like a charm.

I'm hoping that I won't have to go to any of these places for real soon. It's actually depressing and took the shopping drive right out of me.

No comments: