Monday, July 19, 2010

High School

Well, it's hard to believe it's been 18 years since high school. Eighteen. That's a lot of years. Once I left high school, I never looked back and would never want to go back again. I never really kept in touch with anybody from high school. And I was even happier that I left high school so that I wouldn't have to see the many people that I did not get along with or couldn't care less about. I went to a high school where 99% of the population there was very affluent and snooty. And because I did not have that kind of background, I didn't quite fit in with high society.

Even with Facebook, I have no high school friends as contacts. And I keep it that way so I don't have to hear what people are up to. I have no stake in their life nor do they have one in mine.

So I was somewhat shocked this morning when I was reading one of my e-mails from one of my sites I visit. It had a full on article about this one person I HATED from high school. It's about her success, her business, her tv bits, etc. Obviously she's very successful and she's worked hard for it. I can totally respect that. And I even took a look at her company since it was featured and was thoroughly impressed. She's done well for herself and her family and I know that she will continue to do well. Kudos.

However, hearing her name alone was enough for me to think about high school trauma and the people I couldn't deal with. And it made me think about how much I didn't like her then and how much I will continue to not want to see her.

Seriously. I am not one of those people that would sell their souls to go back to high school. That would be my living hell.

No comments: