Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Magazines

I subscribe to a magazine or two. I think it's total brain candy and I love every brainless minute I spend reading those things.

I know that advertising sells...and unfortunately, in my magazines, they push make up ads, diet pills that work, fashion that is way too expensive...you get the idea. I'm one of the lucky ones that is old enough and smart enough to realize that you don't really need the stuff. And really, am I going to pay $75 for a lipstick when I can get the same amazing shade for way under that price?!

Ads are great in that they provide income for companies. But what's not so great is that some consumers still can't read the fine line and make terrible choices for themselves. So, like they say, don't believe everything you read. Get informed.

No comments: