Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Comings and Goings

The stars are doing some weird things to this Aries chick. I'm still continuing to get the really good stories and really bad stories this week. But added to that is comings and goings of friends.

I recently was contacted by 2 of my friends that they were now leaving BC. One was to leave for Toronto (damn that city for taking so many good people!) and the other one is heading back to Singapore. Though part of me is sad that they are leaving, the rest of me is so very happy for them. Sometimes, friends leaving is not a bad thing because they are getting what they want out of life. For my Toronto bound friend, she has been stuck in such a rut with work, and this new job out there is what she totally needs! She will be with some family which will make the transition easier...but she gets to live out an adventure right now...it's exactly what she needs out of life right now.

And my lovely Singaporean friend will be leaving after settling here for 2 years. He goes back to an amazing policy maker position so up his alley. And he's made the decision he will stay there for the new future to set up some real roots there. I'm really happy to hear that as he really felt that part of his life was missing. He will be leaving shortly, but already, I can hear the excitement of him building his life the way he wants. Excellent.

But to all my leaving friends, some have returned into my life. One I had lunch with today. We got caught up on so many aspects of our life and she even told me she was pregnant. Good, good news.

The other one, I had the longest chat with today and it was just so refreshing and wonderful! Just pure giggles. I just about peed my pants because I was laughing so hard.

Sometimes that's just the cycle of friends, they come in and out of your life...and there's no judgement on my part about this. Nor is there any judgement on theirs. We're all busy and we have our own lives. And the fact that we can have some good moments together, even though they are far and few these days is a beautiful thing.

No comments: