Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hair

Today, I brought my 2 girls in for a haircut. For my eldest kid, this is only her 4th haircut of her life. The first time I took her, she just had a lot of dead hair. Time for it to go. And then each time from there, I just let her grow her hair out, and then cut it when it gets too long.

For my youngest, I think she likes the experience of getting her haircut. Today was only the 2nd in her life.

Both of them wanted shorter hair. Shorter to me is a trim. But no, they wanted a good chunk cut off. They both wanted it shoulder length. I was worried that they'd do it, and then cry because it was "too" short. The hairdressers asked them numerous times, "are you sure you want it that short? Once it's gone, it's gone."

Each time, both girls answered that they wanted it chopped to their shoulders (that's a good 6 inches or so off their hair length). I think it was more me that had a problem with it being so short.

But now that it's done, they are beaming because they love their new haircut. They love the length and the body of it. If anything, it feel so much lighter for them. Summer is around the corner and I don't want them steaming hot.

I'm really happy that they love their new do. And I'm extra happy that they didn't regret the shorter hair...I don't think I could have dealt with the tears!

No comments: