Saturday, May 2, 2009

Travel Deals

Airfares are quite cheap these days. It really is amazing. However, it's when you get to the destination that you're paying big time. For example, I saw a wicked deal for San Diego. It's been a good 15 years since I've gone. I thought cheap deal, not too far, it would be fun. But you'd see prices for a San Diego hotel and yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Or I'd see an amazing deal for Disneyland (hey, one can never go too many times). But all the great deals are based on a family of 4. That would be great if I was going with the family. The kids are too young I think. A 3 year old couldn't go all day long. That would be too much to ask.

So, I've given up on travel deals these days. None of them really make sense. Some you add taxes, some you don't. Some have free luggage, some don't. Whatever. If the travel industry wants you to travel, be up front with ALL the costs, taxes, etc. Makes it easier to compare and I know exactly what I'm paying for. And with that honesty, I think I'd be much more willing to travel because I would know exactly what I was paying for.

No comments: