Thursday, May 28, 2009

Geek I Am

I've never hidden the fact that I'm a geek. I'm not a total geek, but I think I ooze geek. The geeks shall inherit the earth.

I bring that up because I finally saw the new Star Trek movie. I don't get to see movies often as I always need to find a babysitter and then find the time. It's not easy. But my mother in law was sweet enough to offer an afternoon of babysitting so my husband and I decided to go see a movie.

I was thinking about which one I should see. When a movie comes out with SO much hype and has been out for a while, I end up not wanting to see it because there's been so much talk about it. I feel that I wouldn't be able to decide whether or not I truly liked it or if I felt I had to like it because of the hype.

I'm SO happy that I chose Star Trek! I felt totally geek-tified after the movie. Talk of alternate realities and time space continiums made me giddy. Seeing the future and the possibilities made me awestruck. And honestly, any Star Trek show would make me feel this way...especially the New Generation. Jean Luc is so hot. Oh, and yes, amazing geek topics are covered. Remember that episode when the whole crew got those "dream" machines and they couldn't achieve REM sleep? WILD.

I digress. Finding geeky topics actually makes me happy. Hope you find the geekiness inside of you.

No comments: