Monday, December 22, 2008

Turkeys

Well, another Christmas is just upon us. This year, I have my parents coming over for Christmas lunch/dinner. It won't be your typical meal, but I do have turkey. There's also prime rib roast, shrimp and some other dishes. Should be fun. And I'm sure my parents are really looking forward to it...they've been calling me every night about it. But that's good.

This year, I might just call the toll free number at Butterball Turkeys just because I can. Every year, they get millions of calls from people asking how to cook a turkey. Most questions make sense and some are just out to lunch. Maybe I'll just think of an out of world question to keep them amused.

However, a classic story that Butterball tells every year is how a guy tried to clean his turkey using a metal scouring pad. He called Butterball because he didn't know how to get the metal shards out. Or the lady who didn't have room in her fridge...so she put the turkey out in the snow bank. But the next day, a major snowfall occurred so she couldn't find the turkey. She called Butterball to see if the turkey would still be good once the snow melted away. I'd actually think about volunteering for that hotline....

No comments: