Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chocolates

Ok, chocolate is a good thing. I'll admit I like the stuff. But what I really love are cherry cordials!!! So imagine my glee when I got a box today!

I was out in the garage sorting my recyclables. And I heard this noise. Honestly, I thought it was either the mail van finally making it to our house to drop off mail. Or it was Santa's sleigh running on diesel. Well, I was partly right...it was my awesome friend Miss N with her diesel car.

She knocked on the door and saw me in my awesome house clothes, sweat pants and all. I'm sure she's wanting to burn her eyes out about now. But hey, it's me.
She dropped off a card and some cherry cordials. I was like..."I thought we weren't doing gifts!" And her reply was "No one eats this stuff except for you. Consider it a mercy gift." Hey, works for me.

I'm debating whether or not to take them into work because it's always nice to have a little nibble. But I'm a little worried as there is a co-worker who actually loves them as much as me. Hard to believe, I know. Anytime someone brings a box of chocolates and I KNOW there is a cherry cordial in there,I actually run for the box to beat her to it. And then I taunt her when I get it. She taunts me when she gets it. Maybe I'll just taunt her with my whole box.

So thanks Miss N! That was a lovely surprise! Now, if I can just hide them from my kids....

No comments: