Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow

Ok, I'm sick of seeing the stuff and I'm sick of talking about it. We got our White Christmas...so let's wait another 10 years before we get another one. I'm thankful that on Christmas day, it stopped long enough so my parents could actually come out to my place and enjoy Christmas day with our family. Lot of cooking and I was tired from it. But the main thing was that my parents were happy, the kids seemed happy with the magic of Christmas and my husband seemed like he was content with his gifts.

Anyways, on Boxing Day, our family headed out to see the in-laws. It started to snow. We got there, and it was still snowing. We had our brunch, opened gifts and we decided it was time to go. Not to be rude to them, but we really wanted to get home as soon as possible to ensure that we could actually get home.

So, we white knuckled it back home. For those that live in the Lower Mainland...you'll know this route. From Pitt Meadows, towards the Merrihill Bypass (sp?) which was slippery as hill. Barely had any traction and slipped a couple of times. We made it to the Port Mann Bridge and we were freaked out because we slipped too. And of course, there is that big hill on the other side of the bridge to take the 152 exit. Ok. Made it through that. Then we had to brake safely to make sure we didn't hit any of the Guildford Mall Boxing Day maniacs who went shopping. After that, at least 2 major hills to get up. Freaked out the whole time. Then, we drive up the little hill to get into our cul-de-sac and we just barely make it up that hill. It was really icy and I thought I'd have to push. Victory. We make the left turn down the hill to get into our driveway. I swear...within 10 feet of getting into our garage we are completely stuck. We seriously can not make it in.

I get out of the car and I'm saying the following phrases..."We're so close, but not quite...I f%#@ing hate the snow...stupid White Christmas...stop gassing it because I'll push the car...s%#t...I really f%#!ing hate the snow." Get how much I hate the stuff??? Granted, I was happy that we were stuck in our driveway rather than on the street somewhere where we would have had to wait 3 hours for a tow truck.

But really, enough with the snow. Enough with the bad weather. Just a small reprieve so I can stop swearing. My ears are starting to hurt from all of it.

No comments: