Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cat Fight

Well, today was not a great day. But in the whole scheme of things, not a terrible day and really, totally do-able.

However, it doesn't take away the bitterness I feel about a certain campaign and a crappy committee. I was "voluntold" to do a particular campaign at work. Basically raise money for a certain charity and by getting people in the office involved. Now, I made it pretty clear that I didn't want to be the lead as I was the lead last year. At the end of the day, our goal was $8,000. But we ended up with over $17,000. Kick ass! I'm proud of our committee for doing this.

But, we basically all hated each other guts. I didn't like the lead at all for a number of reasons. First of all, she was slower than molasses. Nothing seemed to make her see the urgency in certain requests. That's pretty painful when you're working under certain timelines.

Secondly, she likes to tell people how busy she is and how this is taking up so much of her time. Hmmmm. You opted to be site lead and I guess the rest of us don't have work to do either.

Last thing that REALLY pissed me off was this idea that she could write an e-mail and get us to do something for the campaign right now. Well, when she did that today, I wrote a pretty blunt e-mail. There were no profanities, no rudeness and if my manager read the e-mail, there would be consquences. Basically, all I said was what I could do today, but in the future, I'd really appreciate some notice. I, just like her, have work to do and can't just drop stuff on the day off. And I wasn't going to attend the presentation in the afternoon. I got an e-mail back telling me all the work she had to do before she left on leave and that she didn't appreciate my rude e-mail.

What a cow. Really. I'm not saying she doesn't have work, but don't disregard the fact that I also have work. Don't disregard all the stuff I did for the campaign before she got her sweet ass working. I've been collecting gifts and making sure there were enough for the entire campaign. I didn't see her do that. I used my own money to buy some supplies that were not covered by the office.

And the ultimate pisser for me was her blatant disrespect of my time. Whenever I have to work with her on other issues, I always give her two weeks of time. The last project we did, I made sure she had that time, I set up a meeting and I made sure my portion was done. So what happened? She forgot we had a meeting and didn't show up. I had to go get her and then wait some more when she moved her sorry ass to the meeting.

Anyways, she was an absolute downer and pisser to my day. That "award" I got for helping and the shirt...well, I'll be recycling that award and giving away my shirt. WHATEVER. Nothing can erase this bitter memory.

No comments: