Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow

The other day, my husband got to drive down 2 houses. I figured today was going to be different and because so much shovelling had been done by myself and my husband, I'd be able to get out to go to work.

I actually woke up at 4:45am so that I could leave the house with my 1 kid at 5:40am. Early, yes. But I wanted to take my time getting to work and to start at 7am which is my normal start time.

I got out of the driveway fine...then turned a bit to turn my car around to face the same route my husband took yesterday. Well. I drove a whole house down before I got stuck. My husband made it further than me!

I was stuck in that same spot for 20 minutes spinning my tires. In between, I grabbed a shovel from the garage...heck, I'm only 1 house away! I shovelled underneath the car, shovelled snow away from the tires, etc. Nope. Still lots of spinning. Thank goodness for a wonderful neighbour. He came to my rescue...pushed my car while I pressed on the gas. I finally got back into the house. So, I woke up early just to get stuck in the snow and not make it to work. Why didn't I just stay in bed?

No comments: