Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wedding

Well, on Saturday, I went to my mom's wedding. Yep. This must be her 3rd. I've lost count. However, it was just awkward.

Imagine, the last time I saw my mom was approximately 9 years ago. That's a lot of time. And, imagine my surprise when I had to talk to her on the phone. I honestly thought my grandma was dead. Why else would she call me?

Anyways, the wedding was not my cup of tea. I won't bore you with details. I know that out of pure respect, I went and saw my mom at her own wedding. I'm happy for her as she seems to have found a guy that truly understands her and that she does a ton of activities with.

But call me a person with a lot of boundaries, I'm not willing to go out and start a relationship with her again. A lot of time has past. And I realize that I'm not going to be the mom to my kids as she was to me. I'm ok with that. I guess I'm protecting myself too. I'm tired of getting hurt by her. And I just won't stand for it anymore. She made her choices as I've made mine.

I don't wish her any ill will, but I don't see a reason to continue a heart felt relationship with her. Quite sad isn't it?

No comments: