Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tears

Well, last week was just a bunch of tears. And for once, it had nothing to do with sadness. I cried for a number of reasons last week that I was actually happy about.

I cried for Barack Obama. When he came on to do his speech, the first thing I thought about was his Grandma. I wish she could have seen him that day. Secondly, I cried because I never thought that in my lifetime I would see something so amazing happen. A black President. I didn't think the American people were ready, but they were. They waited for hours to vote. They were inspired by the one man. They found hope in their country once again. And they truly believed that their one vote, their one voice could make a difference. HOW powerful is all of that? I cried when he made his speech. How eloquent and classy. And hats off to McCain too. He was a really good loser and classy as hell the way he lost. I was truly inspired by the US election and was happy for the US people.

I cried during my Olympic session. I'm being considered for a volunteer position for the 2010 games. At one point, they passed around the official Torino 2006 Olympic Games torch. I was in awe. Then they started to show all these Olympic videos and I just cried. Talk about pulling at heart strings. But it just made it even more special that I was there to be part of this. As they say, this is part of my Olympic journey. I don't know if I'll get picked as they have to interview 60,000 people but they only need 25,000 volunteers. Regardless, I went and tried out for it. I would have beat myself up if I didn't.

And I cried in Grey's Anatomy this week. I love this show, but it just seemed extra powerful this week. There was an old guy that basically had a DNR wife. She never woke up and he couldn't bear to let her go. And it was also an episode that really pressed home the respect for those that has passed. I don't know...hit me hard.

So, tears, tears, tears. But it's all good. Like I said, I cried for some pretty neat things this week.

No comments: