Sunday, November 16, 2008

BOO!

I don't say boo to scare you. I'm saying it to actually BOO some people in life. I'm all for people having a bad day and cursing everybody out. And I've been in funks myself where I don't want to be anything but negative. However, eventually, I realize I need to get out of that bad place.

And I'm putting it out there, I don't like people nor do I choose to be with people that are "consistently" negative. I'm not talking about the people who've suddenly run into rough times because they can still see the positive in things. It's the negative people that consistently see things half empty and for whatever reason and want to consistently complain to me...all the time...about everything.

Now, I don't think I have a sign that says "complain to me for free." So what is it that attracts some of the biggest whiners near me. I've basically told some of these people to bugger off and I actually ignore them, but somehow they see that as an invitation to come back to me.

Ever since my husband's illness, I've really tried to align myself with positive people and those are the ones that you see me with or staying in contact with. Life really is too short to complain about everything when if you just opened your eyes, you'd notice there is so much good surrounding you. And I refuse to give negative people my energy when it can go to other people and other activities. I can tell the difference between a bad funk and a bad attitude. Don't think I'm that stupid. So, for all you negative people, why don't you spend some of that energy changing your attitude and outlook. It really would make for a better place.

Ok, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Well, at least for tonight.

No comments: