Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blogging Again

Well, I sure took a hiatus from writing!  Sometimes life just takes over and really, blogging is the last thing on my mind.  

So, what's happened since I last blogged?   Let me start off with Honolulu.  Had a great time with friends and some of their family.  It was nice that I had no responsibilities per se to anyone. I didn't have my kids, or hubby.  And with my friends, we all agreed that we are responsible for ourselves...so if we wanted to take off and do something, by all means, go for it.  

Got lots of sun.  Got some good surfing and snorkelling in.  Tried some new restaurants and had some good grub.  Got a chance to do some stuff that I haven't been able to do, like hike Diamond Head.  Even made my to some Hawaii Five-O sites.  But overall, I chilled.  I love chilling.  

Of course, Hula girl came with me and she had a lovely time going back to her home land!  Though, I am a little sad that Hula Girls' arm refused to stay "unbroken."  So, she was the amputee Hula Girl.  Still loved her the same.

So here are some pics:

Waikiki Beach


Me, forever as the fat pineapple at the Dole Factory:


Hanauma Bay for some snorkelling
 


After Waikiki, I came back home for a short while and then headed out to Gatineau/Ottawa for work purposes.  Well, it was still "winter" and no Hawaii.  But I must admit, the heated pool outside was divine!  I loved that I could swim outside as if I was at the beach (even at night time) and was warm!  And though I was there for work purposes, at night time, that was my own time. My girlfriend flew out from Toronto to come spend some time with me!  Yay!! 

View from my window...notice how different it is from Hawaii?


Some fun cookies at a bakery in Ottawa:


Ottawa was doing really well in the playoffs, so hockey fever was on!


Oooo.  Obama cookies!  


Coming home from Gatineau was great.  Got to see the family and be with them once again.  Though, while I was away, a small problem was brewing in the house.  Actually turned out to be a HUGE problem.  One that was large enough where we had to break down drywall and renovate.  In a nutshell, a big, fat, rotting rat in between the wall of my pantry and garage.  And when you're not a DIY home renovation person, renos take a little longer.  

And life just keeps ticking by.  Lessons, activities, birthdays, taxes and everything else in between.   

Big shout out to my "flower girl" who isn't so little anymore.  Happy Graduation!!  So proud of you!




No comments: