Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ring

Well, even though I had an unexpected day learning about my travels, the one thing that I did plan on doing today was to go pick up my wedding ring.  I had to get it fixed as I had dented the thing from taiko drumming.  I went back to it for a little bit, but my schedule and the distance to the studio made it difficult to go all the time.  

But due to the dent, I couldn't get my ring on after I took it off.  Bummer.  My husband thought I was purposely not wearing it.  Nope.  Just couldn't get it on with the dent!

I finally got it fixed and it's back on my fingers.  Is it the biggest ring?  Nope.  Is it the fanciest one?  Nope.  But the ring is mine, given to me by my husband.  And that in itself means so much.

And I really did feel better having it back on.  The ring, all shiny and cleaned up, reminded me once again of the vows I took 13 years ago.  It made me think of all that my husband and I have gone through.  It made me think about my future with him and all our future plans together.  Marriage can be tough but it can also be so amazing.  

Amazing what a chunk of metal and a shiny rock can represent.  

No comments: