Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Unexpected Day

You can plan for a day, but sometimes your day doesn't turn out the way you planned.  But sometimes, it's those days you get the neatest surprises!  

As next year is my 40th, I've been yapping with a number of my friends about possible ideas and trips to celebrate.  It's quite the milestone and I figured I'm going to celebrate.  My hubby is going away with a number of his buddies soon to Vegas.  That's totally awesome.  His best buds in a crazy city like Vegas.  They all need to let loose and good on them.   However, that's not my kind of thing. 

So ideas have been bounced around for Europe, possibly Barbados, Spain or maybe even Japan.  Honestly, it wouldn't really matter as it would be something different.   However, I know that people are busy and sometimes we just talk about travelling, but we'll never get to it because life just gets in the way.  So, I mentioned to my hubby that in the event that my travel plans fall through, I'm going to go on a trip on my own.  Not sure where, but I will go and travel by myself.  I love the adventure and have no problem trying things on my own. 

And sometimes, I guess when you put things out there, things happen.  Imagine...today, I'm at work, checking my e-mails like any ordinary day.  I see some message with Congratulations on the header.  I'm thinking it's probably spam.  But it seems legit enough. 

So I open it.   Basically, I won a tour of Croatia...accommodations and transportation within.  Couple of meals thrown in there too.  Yes, I have to buy airfare...but STILL.  Worth every penny for a guided tour of the place!!!  I can't say this was a top 10 destination, but it was definitely a place I wanted to visit.  And now I will!!

And of course, my mind is just reeling about where I could possibly hop to in conjunction with this trip.  If I'm there, might as well just add another day or two somewhere.  I might not end up doing so.  But it's definitely worth thinking about.  

I also just heard back from one of my friends just now...she's interested in joining me in Croatia...or she's still open to Barbados/Caribbean!!  

So, I didn't expect today to be a day about travel.  But it definitely has turned out that way...and I'm just thrilled!!!  And that's just life sometimes.  You never know where it may lead you and take you.  

Time to go grab me some maps!!!

No comments: