Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Long Weekend

I love long weekends.  Well, who doesn't?  An extra day off of work!  

This Canada Day long weekend, didn't have anything planned.  I don't like travelling on the long weekend as traffic is crazy, I hate the waits and the crowds are nuts.  But that's not to say I didn't have anything to do!  

Saturday was a nice casual day.  The family just chilled in the morning.  I could just tell that all of us needed it.  After a year of lessons, school, activities and goodness knows what else, it was nice to know that summer was here and we could just relax.  In the evening, we did end up going to a family member's 10th wedding anniversary.  It was a lovely affair!  Very casual event in their house.  But it was a great opportunity to meet up with family that I don't get to see all the time.  As well, see some of the couple's friends who I see maybe once a year.  

What I love about these casual events is that you never know what will happen.  Out of nowhere, we get an impromptu concert from 2 guys...just singing and playing their guitars.  They were amazing!  The barbeque, the guests and the great conversations really made it a fantastic night.  What a fun anniversary celebration...wasn't even mine!  

Sunday was Canada Day.  We had intentions of going to a city celebration.  But the weather was atrocious!   So, the family ended up cleaning.  And I mean, we cleared out a whole closet and some other areas.  Felt so good!  Had some extra room, some great donations to give to a local charity and I felt so productive. 

The rest of the day was at Chapters (how I love thee) as the kids had some gift certificates to spend.  Then it was off to a little shindig with 2 girlfriends.  Literally, sit, eat, chat.  That's all there was. Lots of good eats and great laughs.  And again, just loved how it was so casual.  

And Monday, just lots of activities with the kids.  Keeping them busy and just enjoying time together.  We even had a spa afternoon.  LOL!  One kid is definitely going to be a spa kid.  She sure knows how to relax!  

Just like that, the weekend is over!  Felt productive, but felt like I had time off to recharge.  Can't wait for the next one!


No comments: