Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Travellers

At the wedding anniversary party that I went to, I had the opportunity to see my father in law's friend from the UK.  He came a number of years ago to Canada...but decided to come again.  And he's just awesome.  


He came back again to do a road trip with my in laws.  They drove down to California all in their minis.  That means they took all their camping gear, all their car spare parts...everything they needed in these TINY little cars.  Quite impressive to say the least.  


They ran into some car trouble though.  I had a good laugh about it all because that's just part of the adventure when travelling.  And he totally agreed.  Made the trip more memorable.  


I'm not saying that every trip should have issues.  But sometimes it's the ones where you run into issues and how you solve them are the ones that you remember the most.  


As the night went on, we talked more about our trips and our adventures.  There is something to be said about travellers and their spirit about adventure.  Doesn't matter if your trips have been small or limited...that spirit still exists.   


So, I may not be able to travel much right now...but I long for it.   Until then, I will live vicariously through others.....

No comments: