Wednesday, June 27, 2012

D-Day

People at the work place have all been waiting for this day...and not for a good reason.  This was to hear about further cuts to the organization.  To me, it was a huge one.  And this was on top of a huge cut before.  

I'm not here to blast the employer or management.  It is what it is at this time.  But for some, I feel extra sorry for.  Some of them are losing their job and their spouses have also lost their job...and they have kids.  That's scary!  For some, it's not an option to move to another province.   The idea of accumulating that much seniority only to have it thrown out the window and start all over again.  

I was prepared for my position to be affected.  For many reasons, I think they would have cut me.  But they didn't.  I am thankful as I can continue as is.  That's huge.  

But if they had called my name, I would have felt unsettled.  But change is unsettling but it's not always bad.  The reality is, sometimes it opens doors you never realized.  Or it makes you think and consider other options.  

For all my friends and co-workers that were affected already and those affected today, I hope that whatever comes your way turn out to be welcome changes.  May you find a job that feeds your passion and pays the bills.  


No comments: