Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Things I'm Afraid to Tell You

Well, not me.  I have so many damn faults it seems that it's easier to talk about those instead of what I'm good at!  LOL! 

Things I'm Afraid to Tell You is basically a movement on the web to have people more honest in their blogs.  I mean in most blogs, people tell you the "good stuff."  They never tell you what they're afraid of, what they're not good at...basically how they are imperfect.  

Like I said, I somewhat air my dirty laundry on here because I only have 9 readers.  So it's not like I'm airing to a ton of people.  Ok, I might have 20 now...but STILL.  It's a very small number of people.  

But other blogs obviously have way more people reading them.  And it was so nice to see that many bloggers followed suit and kept up with this movement.  Some of the things I've read are heartbreaking, some are sweet, and some make me feel normal. 

The reality is this...the less time you spend trying to hide the fact that you're imperfect, the more you're going to enjoy life.  And believe me, those around you will enjoy and accept you so much more than when you're trying to be perfect.   

Trying to be perfect makes you miserable (which again makes people around you dislike you) and it's like living a lie...you keep building on top of it and on top of it to cover up all your mistakes.  Gosh.  That's just exhausting.  

So just be.  

Here's the website: 

No comments: