Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bryan Adams

I'm late with this post...but better late than never.

This past Saturday, I had a date with my husband.  Dinner and a concert.  The date is really a belated birthday gift.  Got him the tickets on his birthday...but concert wasn't until this past Saturday.  

We headed off to Granville Island to go to one of our favourite restaurants, Sandbar.   The evening started well considering I was trying to pay for parking and the parking lot attendant said to me that I don't have to worry about it.  He gives everybody a one hour break and it was already 6pm...I'd only have to pay to 7.  Hey, THANKS!  I love free parking.   

Got to Sandbar and no wait.  YES.  We love going there as they have the best curried mussels!  It's a great casual feel with great food.   And really, I didn't have to cook.  That's worth the extra dollars.  

Off to the concert we went!  Everybody was buzzing.  It's been a while since Bryan Adams has been in town.  I've been to 3 of his concerts before and couldn't wait for this one.  I won't bore you with reviews because there are a gazillion of reviews out there.  

But this concert was different in many ways.  First of all, really multigenerational.  I mean, if the guy's musical career has spanned 30 years, then you're going to be hitting all ages for the musical crowd.  It was awesome!

My twitter message got on the big screen.  Not a huge twitter fan, but it was fun to see it up there!

He sang all his classics!  YES.  His show really hasn't changed, but that's what is awesome about his shows.  It's him, his band, singing and performing at their best.  Nothing fancy with the light work...just about the music.  

I was sad that there was no encore.  But I thought it was so classy of him to let him band go, him sing a couple of tunes and then go.  

So thank you Bryan for an awesome concert!  I can't wait to see you again soon. 

No comments: