Sunday, March 18, 2012

WWW

WWW...it was my annual Wild Women's Weekend!   YES.  It's a weekend that I definitely look forward to.  A weekend with a bunch of women just chilling, having a great time and I'm only responsible for 1 meal.  Did I say, 1 meal in 2.5 days?  That's blissful!!!

Sometimes we go to Loon Lake, or Whistler.  But this time, it was up in Harrison at my friend's parent's place.  It's the same place I went to during New Year's Eve and I love that place.  And this year was the first year where it was for women of my generation only.  So everyone there was in the same stage of life as me.  Very different as previous ones were from all generations.  This was also a much smaller gathering too as many people couldn't make it this time around.   This was really great as I had a chance to chat with everybody.   The first night was 10 women, the second night, 9 women.  

I took off Friday because I wanted to sleep in and do some chores before I headed out.  Slept in...a bit.  Chores...not really.  I was all gung ho over it, but then I realized it was my weekend and I really could just do nothing.  So I caught up on a number of shows, cleaned up a little, packed and then headed out at 2:30.  Wanted to beat the city traffic.  

I got to Harrison at about 4:30.  Did a little wandering through the stores...but it's a small place.  Went to the main tourist beach to sit and have a bite to eat.  There might have been about 20 people on the beach.  It was actually kind of neat.  Just sat in the sun, enjoyed the quiet and the cool air.  At about 5:15, I decided I would drive to my friend's place to see if she had arrived yet.  Nope. Nobody was home yet.  So I wandered off to the beach near her house...literally a 2 minute drive. 

When I got there, there was only 1 other car in the parking lot.  And it was a "scary" truck.  I thought for sure I was going to get murdered as it was just the two of us there.  I parked where I could see the truck and just sat in the car to read.  After a little while, the car drove away.  Ahhh...I thought.  I can now have the whole beach to myself, literally.  Then I thought, "no...I can't go out there all by myself.  What if I get hurt...nobody is going to know?"  Crazy how mind games can play out.  But it's weird to be THAT isolated.  I know I sound like a mad woman thoug.  

Anyway, my friends showed up.  We got settled in while we waited for others to show up.  I knew 5 of them women and met 4 new ones.  And what's great about these weekends is that I always get to catch up with old friends but make connections with new ones.  And this year, it was awesome like any other year.   

There was lots of chatting time.  Minimal cooking time.  Maximum eating time.  Mega leisure time.  MEGA loads of chatting and laughing.   Movies, hockey game, reading magazines, board games, walks...whatever we wanted.  I went to bed at midnight and slept in...both mornings.  Exactly what I needed and it came at such a good time.  

So another WWW done.  Until next year!  


No comments: