Friday, March 2, 2012

Inspiration

I love the movie Soul Surfer.  I don't think it got huge ratings but it does have a huge following.  It's about Bethany Hamilton, a young up and coming surfer who went surfing one day, only to lose one of her arms to a shark.  From there, her struggle and triumph in competing in surfing once again. 

She lost her arm years ago and she just turned the young age of 22.   Watching the movie and keeping up with her in terms of her newsletters, etc., has been great and really inspiring!  I love it!!!  Someone who had lost so much and who could just go in a slump and be miserable didn't accept that as a possibility.  Instead, changed her life and found her purpose.  

I love it!  I can't help but be supportive of her!!!  Granted, I'm not a woman of faith and she is..though I listen to JC in the house which must mean something.   And I love that she didn't choose the path of misery.  It's too easy to blame your "crappy" situation on something and leave it that.  Yeah, I blame the shark and I can't even imagine having to go through what she went through.  But she really chose something positive to do with her life and deserves all the good things in her life. 

Gosh, we really need more people like this in the world.  Sure would make it a better place.  

No comments: