Thursday, February 16, 2012

High School

As mentioned in my last blog, I hooked up with a high school friend.  During our chat, of course we chatted about high school.  It wasn't terrible for me, but I went to a very cliquey school and they were all stinking rich.  I was really the trailer trash of the high school.  But my dad really wanted me to go there like it would give me some prestige.  Yeah, prestige as the poor trailer trash kid at the school.  Despite some people treating me like the peasant, I found my niche and made some good friends.  

My girlfriend and I shared experiences about those days.  I thought she was quite popular and had friends in the "other" circles.  But we got along just fine and went out to concerts and other events.  But during our chat, she was telling me about how horrible her high school life was and one of the reasons why she survived those days was because of me.

Ummm...shocked?  Yeah.  Her "surviving" high school?  Man, I thought she was having the time of her life.

Just goes to show how perspective is everything and how maybe what you offer people may seem small or insignificant, but makes the biggest difference to them.  I really don't think I did anything "big" for her during those days.  Guess I just treated her nicely.  

Anyways, I am so done with that high school and all the cool kids.  Onto bigger things in life that are more important.

No comments: