Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Evenings

My perfect night is probably boring as hell to somebody else.  But last night, I had one and I was so happy.

It was sunny for a Monday so getting to work was bearable.  The sun also helped me in getting through the day...it actually went by so quickly!  Then it was time to go home and the commute was trouble free and much shorter than my usual night.  Bonus.

When I got home, time to make dinner, lunches for everybody's school and work day, and make sure that I defrosted any items I needed for the next night.  I cleaned while I cooked and got lots done.  

Then it was time for mandarin and math homework.  The kids were total rockstars.  They actually wanted to do more homework!  They didn't complain, they understood it all.  I was even surprised at some of their answers for their homework as it was much better than what I could have come up with.

Bath time was next.  No point in having kids that like homework if they stink.  It was easy peasy.

While the kids were getting for bed, I went to go exercise.  Got my workout in and felt good.  And of course, I needed a shower too. 

Spent some snuggle time with the kids and just talked to them.  They told me about what was on their minds.  Sweet as can be.  

After all of that, I still had time to watch a show with hubby and work on a scarf that I've been knitting.  

So totally boring to someone else.  But it was just a peaceful transition last night.  And I really felt I had a good balance of kid, family and me time.  

Tonight...well, let's just say I didn't have a perfect night.   So I will try to remember my perfect night more often and hope that it happens again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why i oughta...