Sunday, July 10, 2011

NKOTBSB

My girlfriend T bought tickets for this concert for the both of us about 7 months ago. And we have been WAITING for this show! For those that have no clue what I'm talking about, it was for the New Kids on the Block and Back Street Boys concert. It was TOTALLY worth the wait and worth every single penny and more!!!

It started off 2 opening acts which I was suprised at. The first one was a Canadian band called Nerverest. Not bad but I don't think I'm a fan. But I wasn't so annoyed by them that I wanted to leave. That's always a good sign.

The next opener was Matthew Morrison who I was looking forward to seeing too...I love him on Glee and saw some snippets of a video he was working on for his new album. Figured he could dance and sing on tv, but could he do it live?

The first 2 songs, I wasn't thrilled. He sang them well, but they were just songs from other people. His dancing was great though. But the 3rd song, he spoke about how he had written a song...and he had a ukulele with him. Huh. Wasn't expecting that. And it was GREAT! He also sang Gold Digger and that got the house rocking! And for his last song, he played Don't Stop Dancing (his tribute to Grace Kelly, Patrick Swayze and Michael Jackson...people he looks up to) and that was AWESOME. His dancing tribute, amazing! What a great way to end his set!!! I am now an even bigger fan of him!!!!

Time for an intermission. But you could feel the buzz around the building. People were having a fun time...lots of giggles, excitement and pictures being taken.

Then it was time. The show started with a montage of photos on the big screens...the build up was so intense and then BAM! They were there on an elevated stage getting ready to ROCK! Everybody was screaming their heads off!!!! Frenzy, yeah, absolutely. Totally isane!!!

This concert was really about singing the greatest hits from both bands. There were mashups of their songs which I wasn't expecting but totally worked. And the pace of the show was incredible...basically back to back, the groups took turns singing while the other one rested. So there was no real break! Just song after song after song. I think I counted and there were over 20 songs. At one point, they were just talking about different cities and how Canada/Vancouver was the best (yeah, I know you say that in every country and city, but I'll take it!)...and then Joey from NKOTB wanted to sing a song just for the city. Well, he chose the Canadian anthem. Hearing so many people sing our nation's song with them was a definite highlight and so much fun!!!!

The boys all still had it with their choreography too!! Oh, the awesome part was I still remembered some of the moves and they did all their routines from years past. These guys also looked better now than they ever did. Oooo yeah!

The crowd was just totally awesome too!!! Yes, there were some significant others that were there just because they were dragged their. But they weren't drunk, they didn't throw up near us unlike last time, they behaved and didn't diss anybody that was there. The remainder of the fans were so fun to be with!!! EVERYBODY was singing EVERY song. And I mean, EVERY song...nice and loud. People were dancing, cheering and having an amazing time!

I could go on and on about what I loved about every song and every act. But it's just too much. If anybody watches V, it's like being blissed by Anna. I'm still blissed.

After the concert, my friend T and I kept going oh my god...oh my god, it was so good. And the periods of silence in between were us just remembering about the show and the incredible time. Yes, I even bought a slick program to remember the night.

This morning when I woke up, my husband was very sweet and asked how the show was. I mean really, these boy bands are nothing he listens to. But he was laughing because I was just like a teenager gushing over the show and all the boys...and then he even entertained me by letting me show him the program and even a video. My kids asked and I did the same with thing.

It's almost 5 in the afternoon the day after, and I still feel blissed. After 7 months...the show has come and gone. Seriously worth every penny.

Bliss, bliss, bliss....

No comments: