Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Atlantis

I am absolutely amazed by space travel. If I were smarter in my younger years, perhaps I should have spent a little more time studying and maybe I would have been closer to my dream of being an astronaut.

As that's not going to happen anytime soon, I will have to settle for watching all things space related...including the final mission for Atlantis. It is hard to believe that for most of my life, space exploration and travel has always been there....at least the NASA program has been.

And so I'm pretty sad that Atlantis is taking its last flight. The space program in the US as we know it is ending. I'm going to miss seeing the videos and hearing the songs that wake up the space crew each morning (they pick the best and the most appropriate songs!!!). I will miss seeing the beautiful launches. I will miss the experiments and the amazing stories that come out of astronaut's mouths. I will miss the spirit of this program. I'll miss it all. There is nothing like this type of exploration and there is nothing like this to remind us of how just how small we are on this little blue planet.

God speed Altantis.

No comments: