Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canaday Day 2011

My husband was on pager so he wasn't able to join us in celebrating this year. So me and the girls made our way to our city's Canada Day celebrations. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. We all wore our red shirts with maple leafs. We had our little Canada Day flags!

The girls and I just really enjoyed wandering around the party site, seeing what was there. We even enjoyed a picnic while watching a show. Though this show was quite odd...even my kids thought it was odd enough for us to leave the show. Thank goodness it was out in the open so it wasn't obvious that we were leaving.

After leaving the celebrations, we went off to Chapters, no...not for me, but for my eldest as she wanted to get her birthday gift. We let her choose now. And I as thrilled she chose something that was educational (and she doesn't even know it). She is having a ton of fun with it which is even better. And she's even thinking about how fun it would be to be a scientist, geologist, and researcher! Yeah, I'm ok with that!

The rest of the day was some rest, some much needed downtime and a bbq with the family. Great day.

And let me just say, I love Canada. It rocks. I'm so thankful to be in a country where I can vote, make a living for myself and my family, not having to worry about many of the other things that so many others in the world have to worry about. I have health care. I can speak my mind. I can wear whatever I want. I can go on and on and on about the greatest thing about living here in Canada. Wherever I go, I will wear that maple leaf proudly. Thank you Canada!

No comments: